Eco microfiber leather - buy online
MICROFIBER ECO LEATHER DESCRIPTION:
- Microfiber eco leather - artificial leather, which is a thin high-strength polyurethane film reinforced with high-strength microfiber. Microfiber - it's a non-woven material with a thickness of 1.1-1.5 mm and 100% consisting of refractory polyester. Microfiber consists of very small, tightly twisted tows, interlocked, forming something like a 3D chain mail.
- Microfiber eco leather - unique automotive artificial leather. It is highly resistant to scratches and other mechanical stress. High-strength frame properties are achieved due to the fact that the microfiber, which are the basis of the material, absorb the polyurethane coating into their spatial volume, forming a single whole.
- This is a high-tech product, the tensile strength of which exceeds all existing automotive and upholstery materials.
- It stretches well in the transverse direction and stretches slightly in the longitudinal direction. These stretching properties ideally to use microfiber eco leather specifically for car seats reupholstery.
- Microfiber eco-leather has three times higher durability than standard genuine automotive leather in skins. Due to its porous structure, it allows air and moisture to pass through, like natural leather, which will ensure its comfortable use in cold and hot seasons.
- In the finished product, eco-leather on microfiber is indistinguishable from genuine leather. After a year of use, even a professional will not be able to say whether natural material was used or not. At the same time, eco-leather on microfiber is much more durable and unpretentious, it is almost impossible to accidentally cut or scratch it. It does not age and does not require any care, unlike genuine leather.
- In contrast, for example, from bielastisch or thermo leather universal, microfiber eco leather cannot be stretched in one piece on a complex curved surface. Therefore, it is cut into parts, stitched, if necessary, duplicated with foam rubber and pulled onto the part, tightening it or putting it on glue.
- It has a thickness of 1.1-1.5mm, which allows you to smooth out small irregularities of the tightened surface. If you need to hide large irregularities and give the surface softness, then you can order separately foam rubber on a substrate 3mm, 5mm or 10mm thick. This foam can simply be laid with the first layer under the leather, or glued to it using, for example, aerosol glue Fensol 60 Fentac.
- Pleasant to the touch - soft, elastic. Its thermal conductivity are close to wood, natural leather, it is “warm”.
- Air and vapor permeable. Hygroscopic, absorbs water vapor.
- Non-allergenic, because it does not secrete anything from itself during exploitation.
MICROFIBER ECO-LEATHER ASSORTMENT:
HOW MICROFIBER ECO LEATHER DIFFER FROM EACH OTHER:
- On our site there are a lot of different microfiber eco leathers. The more expensive it is, the more wear-resistant and better quality it have. Eco leather on microfiber is distinguished by embossing, stiffness, ductility, thickness. Characteristics are indicated in the description of each item. To study and compare all eco-leathers on microfiber, we recommend buying catalogs and try to work with different species.
- Top selling collections - is Dakota and Schweizer BMW. Other collections are sold less, but this does not mean that they are worse.
- If you need to drag the steering wheel or gear knob, we recommend using the series SW for wheels. Many masters also use Microfiber eco leather Schweizer BMW, Schweizer Nappa and Dakota for the steering wheel and gear knob, but at their own risk.
- Economy class microfiber eco leather is Nova and Standart. It's not necessary to always use expensive microfiber eco leather. You can upholster saloon with a budget option. For example, the use of budget microfiber eco-leather is reasonable in the case when the car is being prepared for sale or rarely used, which does not require the use of eco-leather with high wear resistance.
- On our website it is indicated that the thickness of almost all microfiber eco leather is 1.3-1.5mm. This thickness is obtained by adding 20 samples of any microfiber eco-leather, measuring the height of the resulting pile with a ruler and then dividing the resulting value by 20. It is not necessary to compress the samples during measurements. If you start measuring the thickness of different microfiber eco-leathers, then the thickness will go vary from 1.2 to 1.6mm. Even if you measure the same piece of microfiber eco-leather, then the thickness will also change by 0.1-0.2 mm. Therefore, the thickness of 1.3-1.5 mm indicated by most microfiber eco-leather is conditional, and there is no point in arguing on this topic. We sell the material as it really is. To familiarize yourself with all microfiber eco-leathers, we recommend that you purchase the appropriate catalogs.
- Microfiber eco leather Dakota, Monza, Nappa, Nova come in rolls from 25 to 40 linear meters, so the conditional length of the roll is 25 lin.m. Microfiber eco leathers Schweizer, Standart, Luxe, New come in rolls 30 lin.m long. Therefore, a roll length of 30 lin.m is adopted on them. If you need to buy a roll of maximum length, then please contact with the operators via email or phone to find out which rolls are in stock.
MICROFIBER ECO LEATHER USING:
- It is used in professional tuning as an expensive super-high-quality artificial leather.
- In 90% of cases it is used for a professional, expensive reupholstering of car seats.
- In particular, it is used for reupholstering the steering wheel and gear knob.
- Microfiber eco leather can be used at any detail in the car.
- Used for reupholstering the seats of motorcycles, ATVs, jet skis, bicycles.
- It is used only by professional interior reupholstering masters, as it requires work skills.
- It is used for a reupholstering of expensive furniture where high wear resistance of a covering is required.
- It is used for reupholstering seats and furniture on boats and yachts, but during operation not in the open air and without frequent exposure to water.
- Reupholstering of sports exercise machines.
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR REUPHOLSTERING SEATS WITH MICROFIBER ECO LEATHER:
- When reupholstering the seats, microfiber eco leather needs to be reinforced with spunbond with a density of at least 60 g/m2 to prevent cracking of the face layer under strong stretching microfiber itself. Spunbond glues to microfiber with aerosol glue Fensol 60 Fentac or Tuskbond ONE or TACK 200.
- For softness and volume, under eco-leather on microfiber (if there was reinforcement with spunbond, then with glued spunbond) also put foam rubber on the backing, which is desirable to stick to eco leather when reupholstering the seats. For these purposes, we recommend using aerosol glue Fensol 60 Fentac or Tuskbond ONE or TACK 200.
- What foam rubber to use - on a grid or on a spunbond? Experts recommend using foam rubber on a mesh that is more durable than spunbond.
- Microfiber eco-leather, given its thickness of 1.3-1.5mm, for medium inserts, the backs and seats are usually duplicated with foam rubber on a mesh of 7 or 10 mm thick. The lateral supporting elements of the back and seats are duplicated with foam rubber on a mesh 3 or 5 thickmm.
EXPERIMENT WITH MICROFIBER ECO LEATHER:
- We make a small incision with a scissor on any furniture fabric, artificial leather or natural automotive leather in any direction. And quite easily tear the material with your hands. A similar attempt with microfiber eco-leather fails! You will feel the difference without any labs! These characteristics of microfiber significantly increase the life of eco-leather on microfiber.
SUITABLE GLUE FOR MICROFIBER ECO LEATHER:
HOW TO CORRECTLY APPLY MICROFIBER ECO LEATHER:
- All methods that are listed below relate to apply microfiber eco leather.
- First you need to measure and cut off the required piece of material. Then it should be laid out on the surface to be pasted and the course of the gluing should be planned (take into account the phasing of the gluing, all surface bends, time intervals).
- The surfaces to be bonded must be cleaned and dried.
- Smooth plastic surfaces should preferably be sanded with fine sandpaper (grit 100) for better adhesion to the glue.
- The working surface must be degreased with a thinner-cleaner Moleculeor others degreasers.
- If the working surface is plastic with PP/PE marking or other markings, before applying glue, you need to treat such a surface with anti-siliconeandprimer on plastic, so that the glue does not peel off the plastic.
- If some old material is already installed on the work surface, then it is up to you to rip it off or not. You can stick the new material directly onto the old material. We recommend that you try sticking on a small piece and decide whether to remove the old material or not.
- When preparing the steering wheel for upholstering, acetone cannot be used, and if it is treated with a solvent containing acetone, or etching, then it is imperative to let it brew for several hours before upholstering so that it is completely dry. If, for example, glue SAR is used, then a thinner-cleaner is absolutely necessary Molecule, not acetone. Violating these rules, at high temperatures, acetone vapors penetrate the microfiber and the top layer is destroyed.
- DEPENDING ON THE GLUE, THE METHOD OF GLUING DIFFERS:
- If you have chosen one of the aerosol glues, you need to spray it on the work surface and on the wrong side of the microfiber eco leather, wait until the solvent partially disappears from the adhesive, then press the microfiber eco-leather to the surface and fix it for a short time. Final gluing with aerosol adhesives occurs within 24 hours. Attention, with a 100% guarantee, microfiber eco leather can be glued to the working surface only with Scotch-Weld 3M 90. The rest of the aerosol glues given above are also used to gluing microfiber eco leather, but for some reason, there are sometimes complaints about them. You decide.
- If you chose liquid glue Molecule heat-resistant, it is necessary to apply glue with a thin layer on both surfaces with a brush, roller or using a spray gun from a distance of at least 30-40 cm (nozzle diameter 2.5-3 mm, air pressure at least 4 atmospheres), wait until the solvent partially disappears from the glue, after which it is necessary to press microfiber eco-leather to the surface and fix for a short time. Glue is applied on both glued surfaces evenly, without gaps. Do not allow glue to impregnate the inside of microfiber eco-leather. Final bonding with this heat-resistant glue occurs within 24 hours. You can don't apply glue to the eco-leather itself if it already adheres well.
- If you have chosen one of the thermally activated glues Molecule Thermo Active, KLEYBERG 900-И, Poligrip, SAR 306, SAR 30-E, then gluing the eco-leather is a little more complicated, and require a hairdryer. The glue is applied to both surfaces either with a spray gun from a distance of at least 30-40 cm (nozzle diameter 2.5-3 mm, air pressure at least 4 atmospheres), or with a thin layer of a brush (roller). Glue is applied on both glued surfaces evenly, without gaps. Do not allow glue to impregnate the inside of microfiber eco-leather. The glue is applied in at least five layers. Each subsequent layer is applied after the previous layer has dried. The drying time of each layer is 20-30 minutes. After the last layer has dried, eco-leather (with an adhesive layer applied to it) is laid on the work surface, which is also covered with an adhesive layer. Since the glue on the work surface and on eco-leather does not have stickiness after drying, the two surfaces do not stick together when applied to each other. This is very convenient, since it allows you to decompose the material with the glue layer applied on it onto a working surface covered with glue and to anticipate and plan a step-by-step gluing process. After the material is decomposed, the glue on the work surface and on microfiber eco-leather is activated (heated) in small sections by an industrial (professional) hairdryer until sticky, after which the material is smoothed and pressed to the work surface. It is necessary to press microfiber eco-leather until the glue temperature drops and both surfaces stick together. To activate the glue, you must either directly heat the glue from the wrong side of the eco-leather, or heat the eco-leather on the front side. In difficult places microfiber eco-leather is additionally heated by a hairdryer. Thus, site after site, bonding occurs over the entire surface. This is the convenience of step-by-step gluing using thermally activated glue. The distance from the nozzle of the hair dryer to the adhesive layer and the temperature are selected so as not to burn eco-leather and at the same time activate (thin) the glue. To avoid burns, use a protective glove. Special places subjected to load are additionally treated with glue. When applying glue in thin layers, the glue does not give thickness. If you find a non-glued place, the glue allows you to fix this defect by re-heating this area.
- We recommend that you try first sticking a small piece of microfiber eco-leather, gain some experience, and then go to the rest. The essence of gluing microfiber eco-leather is that the glue is slightly absorbed into the microfiber eco-leather and on the working surface, then, after pressing the eco-leather to the working surface, two surfaces are firmly bonded. Before the gluing, carefully read the instructions for using the appropriate glue on our website in the section glue.
ECO MICROFIBER LEATHER CARE:
- NO DRY CLEANING for eco leather! It will start to peel off immediately after dry cleaning or a little later. The front polyurethane layer is destroyed by dry cleaning. Dry cleaning also breaks the bond of the front polyurethane layer with the base.
- To remove common pollutions (tea, coffee, juice, dust, etc.), the eco leather surface must be treated with a moistened soft cloth with light movements, then be sure to wipe it dry. In the same way dust and dirt are removed. If it was not possible to get rid of the pollution immediately, the use of 40-50% alcohol-water solution or ammonia is allowed.
- Over time, leather upholstery, when exposed to sunlight, humidity, temperature, and other effects, dries out, loses its elasticity and appearance, wipes, stretches, or begins to tear at the seams, and cracks form on the surface of the leather that become clogged with dirt. To avoid such troubles and to preserve the integrity of eco leather as long as possible, it is necessary to use a special tool for eco leather care - conditioner for eco leather. It is necessary to process eco leather with such a tool once a month in the summer and once every three months in the winter.
- If the surface is covered with snow-white eco leather or eco leather of light tones, then for better protection from pollution (for example, jeans can “tint” the leather upholstery of the furniture with a dye that cannot be removed), it is recommended to use special water and dirt-repellent impregnations for eco leather, textiles and high-tech materials. These funds can be purchased at almost any supermarket, in stores selling shoes and leather clothes. When choosing an impregnation, be sure to read the instructions for use. If there is an indication "not use for PU" (do not use for polyurethane coatings), then this product is not suitable.
- It is strongly discouraged to leave the eco leather wet after the care and cleaning procedures. This will lead to a partial destruction of the polymer film, and, as a consequence, to premature loss of the original appearance of eco leather.
- Today more and more eco leather in the car interior is wiped with wet wipes. This can never be done! The composition of the solution with which the wipes are moistened includes components that destroy eco leather. It is enough to wipe the eco leather with a soft cloth moistened with clean water.
- Attention! Do not use solvents and abrasive cleaners to clean eco leather !!!
NECESSARY FOR UPHOLSTERY WITH ECO MICROFIBER LEATHER:
NEEDED FOR RESALE ECO MICROFIBER LEATHER: